Monday, September 14, 2009

The Nuva Ring - Women's Liberation, or Sadistic Instrument of Evil???

I HATE THE NUVA RING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT IS AN EVIL DEVICE, INVENTED BY SATAN AND ALL OF HIS UNHOLY MINIONS (METHODISTS INCLUDED) TO MAKE WOMEN NEVER WANT TO HAVE A PENIS INSIDE OF THEM FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thus, it is an attempt to end humanity, as we know it. Evil. Truly.

So I tried out the nuva ring after getting it prescribed to me by a very nice lady doctor at Planned Parenthood. [Just a note: Planned Parenthood is a wonderful place, staffed by caring, kind, wonderful people, who seem to sincerely want the best for those who come to see them. Don't ever be afraid to go in - there are some really great, understanding folks there, who will never, ever judge you.] I should have been suspicious right away when I asked if my partner would be able to feel the right during intercourse, and the doctor said, "Well, it's not really him you want to worry about, now is it?" "I guess...." is all I said. Now, for those of you who don't know, the Nuva ring is basically a gummi bracelet (you know - the kind you used to get out of vending machines, as a kid? It's the same size) that has been coated with spermicide. You have to squish the thing into a more manageable shape, and stick it up your biz-nass, in order to ensure that no sperm will ever have a chance in hell of fulfilling its life goal of fertilizing one of your lovely, lady eggs.

Sounds great, right? After all, you don't have to remember to take a pill everyday, so there's less water retention, no mood swings, and you don't have to double-up if you forget a day, blah blah blah. I thought so, (after hearing rave reviews from friends) so I was willing to give it a shot.

I get the ring in, no sweat. So that's cool. The problem? And lemme tell you, it was a BIG PROBLEM... It made me hate sex. Not just hate it, but avoid it. Let's explain this phenomenon with a little biology lesson: The sex drive of a woman relies on hormones. More estrogen? Woman wants sex. (The highest peak of estrogen every month is right before, and after a woman ovulates. Makes Sense.) More progesterone? Woman does not want sex. (The highest levels in progesterone are found right before, and after a woman's menstrual cycle, when there is no egg to be fertilized, so, biologically, intercourse is pointless at this time.) So anyway, the Nuva Ring is full of 100% progesterone. Bad for sperm, bad for your sex drive. My libido sort of shriveled up and died by the side of the road.

Not only did I not want to have sex EVER, but I was so dry [down there] that it physically hurt to have intercourse. It actually burned before, during, and after in a place where not many things are supposed to reach, much less be in pain. (For hours afterward.)Now that I have taken the wretched ring out of my snatch, my passion is back, and from now on, I only intend to put the things in there that really matter. It's sort of like a life lesson, albeit not of the variety that you would learn in Sunday School. ^__^

No comments:

Post a Comment